Sunday, April 4, 2010

Redux

Hunters and gatherers
Fetching food for their offspring
Powerful beings rift tides
Lords command nations
Fate leaves you to natural selection
~
Not ever have I brought you
To attention
Gun slung, in salute
An about face
With no definite direction
~
In pools of bile
Puddles of blood
40 ounces and 40 proof
A heat mirage
You,
The father I never knew
And you haven’t a clue
~
It’s true
I’ve needed to get away
Taken the 5am
Straight through Tokyo
Sat amongst ruin
Hiroshima,
Words like sins relived and scorn reborn
~
Mimicking abandonment
Under unwed sheets
I beat my own wench
In heat
Her enormous stench
Of regret
Spilling through my throne
~
I’m thankful
The void within me won’t harbor you
Dock regret in your grave
A cavern fit for a pawn
Used and reused
Nothing to offer royalty
~
A hack in King Arthurs court
Rusted coat of arms
One of those pilgrims
Pillaging children’s dreams
Like Indian soil
~
This is my crusade
I’m full of hope
A future so bright
I don’t need anything to cope
I’m more man
Then you’ll ever be

No comments: